Learning a second language is difficult. It takes time, effort, and most importantly practice. But the benefits of learning a new language are worth it in the end.
There are many reasons why you should learn French:
- First off, French is one of the six most spoken languages in the world so if you learn this language then there will be more people who can understand what you’re saying or reading to them than if you learn another less common language such as Klingon for example (although that might be useful 😂).
- Secondly, while some other languages may have complex grammar structures and tonal systems which makes them very difficult to learn, French does not share these difficulties so it’s relatively easy to master compared with other languages like Japanese or Arabic.
- Thirdly, one of the main reasons why you should learn French is because it will make traveling a lot easier.
Of course, learning a language doesn’t guarantee that you can learn everything about that country but there are several benefits to gaining some knowledge of its language before travelling there, for example being able to communicate with the locals and understanding their culture more by reading signs and menus in restaurants etc.
Besides just practicalities, if you learn this language then discovering new cultures will be so much easier for you since there is no barrier in place stopping you from communicating with anyone.
You won’t have to worry about realizing your travel plans were slightly off track when your taxi driver drops at the wrong station because you can’t ask him to stop, you won’t have to guess what your friend is trying to learn about when he points at the menu in a restaurant because you learn French, and finally knowing this language gives you more confidence which will make travelling feel much better.
- Fourthly, it’s frustrating when there are language barriers preventing you from understanding other people. So learning French will take that frustration away since these barriers wouldn’t even be present anymore.
- Lastly, but perhaps most importantly of all reasons why you should learn French is that it can boost your memory power and cognitive abilities among other things. For example, studies show that children who learn multiple languages may learn better than those who learn just one. So basically learning a language can be a good way to learn more about the world around you.
✔️ Ecoute & lis…
Travailler ses compétences linguistiques n’est pas seulement bon pour le cerveau, cela favorise l’ouverture aux autres.
L’apprentissage des langues étrangères présente de multiples avantages. La recherche prouve, par exemple, que les personnes âgées qui parlent plusieurs langues sont moins susceptibles de développer des symptômes de démence sénile.
Le cerveau bilingue se laisse également moins distraire, et l’apprentissage des langues étrangères améliore aussi la créativité. On sait aussi qu’après voir appris une première langue étrangère, il est moins difficile d’en apprendre d’autres.
Source : Le Point
1. French is one of the six most spoken languages in the world
French is one of the six most spoken languages in the world, which means it’s a valuable language to learn. By learning French, you’re opening yourself up to a significant variety of opportunities, not to mention a few surprises!
French is not only an official language in 28 countries, but it’s also one of the six most widely spoken languages on earth (according to Wikipedia).
Learning French will add an additional 26 countries you can visit. Also, France has some beautiful landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre Museum… etc which you definitely don’t want to miss.
2. It’s a relatively easy language to learn, compared to others like Japanese or Arabic
It might be tempting to learn a more difficult language – like Chinese – for its difficulty and because there are so many people around who speak it well. But don’t let fear or intimidation pay for your life decisions.
Learning languages takes time and dedication, but this doesn’t mean that some require more work than others. In comparison to other languages that have three to six cases (where grammatical structures change based on the role of a word in a sentence), French’s case system is only two.
Want to easily learn French by watching videos? Follow our YouTube channel, Learn French Fun 😎
3. You can use French language to travel more easily and learn about cultures
One good reason to learn French is because it will make your travel easier. Many people learn the language to learn about the culture, but you can learn about the culture through sightseeing while avoiding language barriers.
You can also learn more about French food and wine by asking questions in French, for example:
– Quel goût a ce vin ? (What does this wine taste like?)
Most waiters will know what you’re talking about if you just learn some basic greetings and phrases.
It’s also easier to learn about the country if you learn some of their language.
Discovering new cultures is easier with knowledge of French languages
Another good reason to learn French is because discovering new cultures is much easier once you learn the language.
You’ll also be able to order food during your travels without having to go through a translator first, and this will make it less frustrating for you!
This will take away both emotional and mental stress during travel time.
Learning foreign languages can help improve your memory power as well as cognitive abilities since it requires memorization (French flashcards) and practice (learning phrases). If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of learning French, keep reading!
4. Language barriers are frustrating and hard to work through; knowing French language will take that frustration away
Language barriers are frustrating and hard to work through.
If you learn French, language barriers won’t be a problem. You will be able to:
- read signs in France,
- order food when you’re in France,
- discover new cultures easier,
- and learn about the culture of French people more easily.
5. Learning French will help improve your memory power and cognitive abilities
When you learn a new language, your brain has to work harder. This is because you are using different parts of your brain to learn and speak the new language.
As you learn more and more French, your brain will become stronger and better at processing information.
This means that you will be able to learn other things more easily as well.
Additionally, learning a foreign language can help improve your memory power. This is because of the same reason: more brain activity and using different parts of your brain to learn and speak another language.
I hope this article has given you some food for thought and made you realize all of the benefits of learning this language.
Learning French has never been easier. We offer courses for all levels, from beginner to advanced, and can help you decide which one is best for your current skill level.
All of our instructors are native speakers who have years of experience teaching others how to speak their language fluently — and we guarantee that if you study with us, you’ll be speaking like a pro in no time!
What’s holding you back? Let’s get started learning together today!
Articles that might interest you:
- What’s the best way to learn French at home?
- How to ask a question in French? The different types of questions that can be asked in French
- 10 fun facts about the French language
- Learn French days of the week, the months and the seasons
- Is French easy to learn for Indians?
- Learn French while you sleep
- Can I learn French in 3 months?
- Learn French in Dubai: French classes for all levels
- How can I learn French fast?
- Why should you learn French?
1 réflexion au sujet de « Why should you learn French? »